Credit Crisis Produces Increased Demand for Sound Governance, Risk and Compliance Solutions
Management Software, Bwise
BWise recognizes that due to the current global financial crisis, companies will need to implement changes driven by effective business processes; these changes are at the core of the BWise solution. Specifically, BWise is seeing these key trends:
• Risk management is getting top priority in the boardroom. Companies were focusing on transactional risk controls and did not put enough emphasis on more strategic risk management, which seriously impacts the financial stability of a company.
• BWise expects an increase of stronger regulations to prevent future financial crises.The pressure on auditors will increase.
• Excel spreadsheets will not meet requirement for auditing authorizations.
• Companies will be forced to have a more integrated GRC approach. Just adding more controls will not do the job.
• There is increased pressure on companies to become more efficient and financially secure.
• GRC will be expanded across the enterprise to effect proper business process oriented change.
BWise believes that successful GRC efforts are embedded across the organization, including external auditors – enabling more reliable tracking and effective compliance. This kind of company-wide approach fosters increased market confidence and trust.
As BWise continues to help organizations reach their strategic GRC goals, the Company is enjoying growing market success as demonstrated by such factors as:
Global expansion remains strong:
• Grew global revenue outside of Netherlands by 65 percent
• Grew revenue in Europe by 69 percent
• Continued to grow worldwide staff by 10 percent since the beginning of 2008
Overall financial performance sound, while remaining profitable:
• Cash and balance position are steady, positive and strong
• On track to grow for the fifth consecutive year by more than 30 percent
• License and maintenance represented 74 percent of revenue
Customer growth was also strong in the third quarter. BWise experienced continued, steady momentum in the pharmaceutical and insurance markets and gained additional Middle Eastern and Canadian customers. One of the largest telecom operators in France selected BWise, as well as a leading member of the U.S. automobile industry.
# # #
BWise is the global leader in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management software, with a strong heritage in business process management. Established in 1994, BWise delivers proven solutions to help organizations become “in control” by increasing corporate accountability; strengthening financial, strategic and operational efficiencies; and maximizing performance and ROI. With more than 300,000 users in more than 80 countries worldwide in virtually all markets, BWise has developed a strong and sustainable presence in the GRC sector. Utilizing templates and a best-practice implementation approach, BWise enables stakeholders to measure and manage risks and to comply with rules and legislation throughout their organization. Our customers are managing multiple risk-related and compliance initiatives such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Solvency II, Basel II, MiFID, PCI, GLBA, and others. BWise has offices in the Netherlands, United States, United Kingdom, Germany and India. For more information, visit www.bwise.com.
Tel: 073-646 4415
E-mail: [email protected]
Marijke van Hooren
Tel: 06-14 11 06 51
E-mail: [email protected]
, Management Software